Monday, September 17, 2012
What's In My (Hot) Yoga Bag?
Here's what I carry in my bag for hot yoga.
- mini bottle of Bioderma Crealine H2O for removing any makeup. Remember to get your mascara too, otherwise it will melt down your face!
- cotton pads (I like Shiseido)
- deodorant. I use Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant
- makeup pouch. This is the same pouch I keep in my purse, so I just transfer it into my yoga bag. It just has some essentials (Bobbi Brown concealer stick, Chanel powder, advil, random lip products, etc) but I rarely fix my face after yoga, it's "just in case".
- water bottle. I just have an old one. I mentioned before, but Thermos has a sport-specific insulated water bottle that is supposed to be good for keeping water icy cold during hot yoga.
- 2 towels. One for during class, and one for after class.
- Nike elastic head band (similar here). Unfortunately this won't stay on my head during class (it slips off) but I use it afterwards to tidy up my hair for the walk home.
- Sephora fold-up hair brush.
- extra hair bobbles from Daiso
This is what I wear to and from class. In class I wear tight fitting yoga capri pants and a tank top, which I pack in my bag as well.
- old Lululemon sport bra, alternated with a Nike sport bra
- American Apparel hoody (I know I know, but I just wanted a thin french terry hoody that wasn't $400 and it was the only one my lack of patience could find)
- Silent Damir Doma oversized t-shirt (sorry for the wrinkles)
- Rick Owens sheer drop crotch shorts
- Nike Free running shoes (similar here) Most people wear flip-flops to/from hot yoga. I do own a pair, but I can't walk very long in flip flops without them hurting.
- my "yoga bag" is a freebee that Antonioli.eu used to give away with each purchase. I have about three of these and they are really handy.