I made a seasonless list of 10 items for this year, just as a guideline. It reminds me what I actually need. Well, need is a strong word, let's say "want the most" or "could use the most"
In no particular order...
1. Balenciaga leather jacket. I doubt that this will happen this year, because the best place to buy one is in Paris. You may think "um- stupid, you are in Paris right now" but I know I won't be able to raise enough funds by the time I go home to Canada. But, it's on the list anyway, just in case I win the lottery or my bank accidentally adds a "0" to my account.
2. K. Jaques sandals. I'm going to pick up a pair before I leave Paris. I haven't decided which model, but they will be black leather.
3. Black mid-length wool coat. My peacoat I bought 5-6 years ago from Filippa K is being retired, but not for being out of style (because it's not) but for being short. I need a longer ass-covering coat for warmth. I really wanted the 'zip-in-half' coat that COS had this fall, but unfortunately I missed it.
4. Something Ann Demeulemeester. No matter what, there's always something I will want. I'm thinking it might be a top of some kind.
5. Rick Owens or Helmut Lang skinny jeans/jean-leggings aka "jeggings" (shudder) I hate the term- when I think of jeggings I think of spandex leggings with jean texture screen-printed on them, which is hideous. But yes, I want something with an elastic waist (my god I can't believe I'm actually typing elastic waist) tight and stretchy for when I'm too lazy for buttons.
6. An insulated parka. I think I may have found one that is insulated & warm yet fits in with my aesthetic without breaking the bank (via ebay)
7. An "everyday" necklace. Not sure what this will be yet- maybe something like a simple chain.
8. Over-the-knee boots. The LD Tuttle boots have evaded me for yet another season. I hope they make them again next fall, or I can find a pair (on sale maybe?!) somewhere.
9. Something red- either a dress or top, or maybe just a bag. I've been liking Comme des Garcon's zip clutch for some time- it's identical to the Celine one.
10. I really want a pair of chelsea boots, like the Alexander Wang Anouck or the Balenciaga ones.
Other less important things I've been thinking about is a new pair of sunglasses (tortoise shell) and these crazy leopard sandals from Kooples. I keep walking past Kooples stores with them in the window, staring back at me.