Remember how I fell in love with those Alexander Wang boots back in June? Well.... sorry, I found a much better pair! Enter the Balenciaga Arena chelsea boots. The more I looked at those AW boots, the more the cut-out and metal plate on the heel kind of bugged me. I want something a bit more timeless. These Balenciaga's are available online at Browns. Now comes the difficult part... figuring out a way to afford them (I don't really need the second kidney, right?) or finding something similar that I can afford! I've looked at Frye chelsea boots but they just don't look "special" you know? The search continues...
Speaking of purchases, I'm planning for fall! Unlike spring and summer when I sit down in a bout of depression and grimace, trying to piece together outfits that can weather temperatures above 15 degrees celsius, planning fall purchases is something I relish.
In addition to my dream flat boots, some other things I'm after for this fall...
- a navy blue and grey v-neck sweater. Preferably cashmere and slightly oversized but not sloppy. These are basics/classics so I think they should be good quality.
- other various sweaters (I need sweaters!) There are some I want to check out from Acne, and I'm sure I'll find some I like at Zara or Topshop.
(Ann Demeulemeester- I love this sweater but it's never going to happen!)
- grey and/or beige (tan/light grey/something light) pleated tapered pants
- black cape coat
- camel overcoat (and if it starts raining money, a grey one too!)
(Ann Demeulemeester- LOVE this coat!)
(Mango. I almost bought a coat like this last year at Zara)
- black fur coat of some kind. Either vintage or faux fur. I'm looking for something with a mix of different lengths, which I think will be impossible to find!
(via Alta Mira)
- simple wool skirts (1 mini and 1 knee-length) I like this mini from Joseph.
- blouses (it seems like I never have tops) These will probably come from Zara - I always find tops I like there.
- leather leggings. It feels like I've been looking for affordable leather or suede leggings for years! I tried on a pair in COS when we were in Antwerp and I'm thinking I should have just bought the damn things! Haider Ackermann are my dream leather leggings- they fit so amazingly!
- something red! Either a jacket or a skirt... worn with nude/tan.
- something burgandy (Vanessa Bruno dress?)
- blue/black combo plaid shirt. My plaid shirt is on it's last legs and it makes me feel frumpy when I wear it. Time for a new one.
- light grey dress or skirt to go with a Rick Owens jacket I have yet to unveil. I am still dreaming of the Rick Owens ice queen head-to-toe light grey look.
- black velveteen or thin-wale corduroy jeans. I desperately need an alternative to denim.
- scarves! Navy, olive green, ribbed grey. I really want a Faliero Sarti scarf but I don't think I'll be able to afford one this fall.
- a leopard print belt. Ideally a vintage one that I find at a thrift store within 5 minutes of arriving (it's the best when you can actually find exactly what you want!) or else from a department store. Plain gold buckle preferably.
- suede ankle boots in grey. I still love the classic Isabel Marant boots, and now that there are so many "inspired by" versions, I don't think these will be difficult to find. Ideally I would love a pair by Marant herself, but... le budget...
(Isabel Marant boots via Heart in a Cage)
- No6 shearling ankle boots... I'm on the fence about these. They're cute and warm, but also trendy... so I don't know... I think it will either be the suede ankle boots or these. I guess I don't really need both.. "technically"...
- black wide brimmed felt hat. I think I've found the perfect one after 2 years of looking!
Things I want but are definitely not going to happen due to "le budget":
- over the knee LD Tuttle boots
- new bag. I hate that I need a new bag! I despise the idea of buying a cheaply made bag just because I need one and can't afford one I actually love. I don't know what to do about this situation!
Wow, my list sounds so long! I'm trying to limit my purchases. I won't get everything on this list of course, but it's fun to at least make one.