the neckline looks deeper in the store version, and the colour is totally off to me. i made mine to look more like the runway version with a higher neck and the brilliant cobalt blue. well this weekend i finally made a prototype, made the necessary adjustments to the pattern and cut out and assembled the dress. it's just about finished. except for one thing. i had an accident with a seam ripper and now i need some fray-stop. the tear isn't in a visible location, but i was still upset. everything was going so well until that happened! i will post pictures when it's finished. i really like the way it's turning out and it actually fits me quite well! this may be the first thing that i've sewn that i will actually wear.
also, i got some yarn and a circular knitting needle and have started on my neck-warmer scarf. i've been experimenting with length. i think it's too long so i will have to start over.